Updated at: 09-Oct-2023 07:34:44: AM
Between Manchester Piccadilly and Buxton / Glossop / New Mills Central / Macclesfield / Sheffield / Chester
Description of Incident
Overnight engineering work is taking place between Manchester Piccadilly and Hadfield / Chinley, from Monday night to Friday morning, closing all lines.
As a result of this the following services will be amended:
- The 22:46 Sheffield to Manchester Piccadilly service will not call at New Mills Central, Strines, Marple, Romiley, Bredbury, Brinnington, Reddish North, Ryder Brow, Belle Vue and Ashburys, and will call additionally at Stockport. A bus will be provided from Chinley to Manchester Piccadilly calling at all stations.
- The 23:10 Manchester Piccadilly to Buxton service will depart at 23:08 and run earlier than normally advertised to Stockport.
- The 23:13 Manchester Piccadilly to Chester service will depart at 23:11 and run earlier than normally advertised to Stockport.
- The 23:16 Manchester Piccadilly to Macclesfield service will not run.
- The 23:18 New Mills Central to Manchester Piccadilly will be replaced by a bus throughout.
- The 23:25 Manchester Piccadilly to New Mills Central service will be replaced by a bus throughout.
- The 23:29 Manchester Piccadilly to Glossop service will not run. A bus will be provided between Manchester Piccadilly and Hadfield, calling at Ashburys, Gorton, Guide Bridge, Flowery Field, Newton for Hyde, Godley, Glossop and Dinting. A mini-bus will be provided between Godley and Hadfield calling at Hattersley, Broadbottom, Glossop and Dinting.
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
Replacement Bus Travel Advice:
For helpful advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, please use this page.
You can find the location of your replacement bus by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages.
Please be advised that, on occasion, replacement vehicles may be busier than usual, and you should allow extra time for your journey.
For the very latest National Rail information click here.
Stay informed with our real-time National Rail incidents feed, providing you with up-to-the-minute updates on disruptions and incidents affecting the UK’s railway network.
This page is dedicated to delivering accurate and timely information to the public, helping you plan your journeys better and stay ahead of any potential delays. Trust us for all your National Rail incident updates, because we understand that knowledge is the key to a smoother and more convenient travel experience.
Please check back for the latest Northern status updates and disruption travel news.
This page created on: 07-Sep-2023 08:42:17: AM