Updated at: 30-Oct-2023 11:21:58: AM
Operator: Great Western Railway
Great Western Railway to / from London Paddington
Description of Incident
Engineering work is taking place between London Paddington and Ealing Broadway and also between Twyford and Reading, closing some lines.
No services will operate to / from London Paddington.
High Speed services:
Trains on the following routes will be reduced to one train per hour and will start / terminate at Reading:
- London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads (some beyond) / Swansea (some to / from Carmarthen)
- London Paddington and Worcester / Great Malvern (some to / from Hereford)
- London Paddington to Exeter St Davids / Plymouth / Penzance
3 connecting trains per hour will operate between Ealing Broadway, Hayes & Harlington and Reading (and beyond).
- Trains between London Paddington and Paignton will not run
- Trains between London Paddington / Swindon and Cheltenham Spa will operate between Swindon and Cheltenham Spa
- Most fast trains between London Paddington and Oxford will not run
- Trains between London Paddington / Reading and Newbury / Bedwyn will operate between Reading and Newbury / Bedwyn
London Paddington and Didcot Parkway / Swindon / Cardiff Central services:
There will be an hourly local service between Ealing Broadway, Hayes and Harlington, Reading, Tilehurst, Pangbourne, Goring & Streatley, Chosley and Didcot Parkway.
There will be 2 trains per hour between Ealing Broadway, Hayes and Harlington, Reading, Didcot Parkway, Swindon (for most of the day one train per hour will extend to / from Bristol Parkway, Newport and Cardiff Central).
- London Underground between Ealing Broadway and Central London
- Chiltern Railway between London Marylebone and Oxford (for Great Western Railway connections towards Worcester / Great Malvern / Hereford)
- South Western Railway between London Waterloo and Reading
- Elizabeth line between Ealing Broadway and stations to / from Reading
- The 00:02, 00:45, 01:42 and 03:34 London Paddington to Reading services will start from Ealing Broadway.
- The 01:15 and 02:24 (starting at 02:25) Reading to London Paddington services will terminate at Ealing Broadway.
London Underground connections available between Ealing Broadway and Central London. Where no connections are available, rail replacement buses will run.
Thursday and Friday:
High Speed services:
A few morning peak time trains to London Paddington will not run.
The 06:00 London Paddington to Penzance service will start from Bristol Temple Meads.
Some trains to / from Cardiff Central / Swansea / Carmarthen will be amended to start up to 5 minutes earlier than usual.
The service between London Paddington and Didcot Parkway will be reduced to an hourly frequency. An hourly service will also run between Reading and Didcot Parkway, providing 2 trains per hour between Reading and Didcot Parkway
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
Replacement Bus Travel Advice:
For helpful advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, please use this page.
You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages.
Please be advised that, on occasion, replacement vehicles may be busier than usual, and you should allow extra time for your journey.
For the very latest National Rail information click here.
Stay informed with our real-time National Rail incidents feed, providing you with up-to-the-minute updates on disruptions and incidents affecting the UK’s railway network.
This page is dedicated to delivering accurate and timely information to the public, helping you plan your journeys better and stay ahead of any potential delays. Trust us for all your National Rail incident updates, because we understand that knowledge is the key to a smoother and more convenient travel experience.
Please check back for the latest Great Western Railway status updates and disruption travel news.
This page created on: 03-Oct-2023 12:35:39: PM