Updated at: 21-Dec-2023 09:58:48: AM
Operator: Great Western Railway
Great Western Railway between London Paddington / Bristol Parkway and Swindon / Bristol Parkway / Swansea / Carmarthen
Transport for Wales between Manchester Piccadilly / Shrewsbury / Hereford / Cardiff Central and Swansea / Carmarthen / Milford Haven / Fishguard Harbour
Description of Incident
Engineering work is taking place between Bridgend and Pyl, closing all lines.
Great Western Railway:
Trains between London Paddington and Swansea / Carmarthen will run between London Paddington and Cardiff Central and also between Swansea and Carmarthen.
Rail replacement buses will run between Cardiff Central and Swansea.
Except where shown below, if you are travelling to / from Bridgend, Port Talbot Parkway and Neath you should use Transport for Wales services:
- The 07:55 Swansea to London Paddington service will start from Cardiff Central. An earlier rail replacement bus service will run between Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot Parkway, Bridgend and Cardiff Central to connect with the train.
- The 08:58 (starting at 09:04) Bristol Parkway to Swansea service will terminate at Cardiff Central. A rail replacement bus service will run direct between Cardiff Central and Swansea.
- The 21:45 London Paddington to Swansea service will terminate at Cardiff Central. A rail replacement bus service will run between Cardiff Central and Bridgend, Port Talbot Parkway, Neath and Swansea.
The following trains will not run:
- The 10:16 London Paddington to Bristol Parkway
- The 14:13 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
Also, the following trains will start from Swindon:
- The 09:55 Bristol Parkway to London Paddington service.
- The 12:20 Bristol Parkway to London Paddington
- The 16:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
Transport for Wales:
Buses replace trains between Bridgend and Port Talbot Parkway.
Some of these will extend to / from Cardiff Central, Neath and Swansea.
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
Replacement Bus Travel Advice:
For helpful advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, please use this page.
You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages.
Please be advised that, on occasion, replacement vehicles may be busier than usual, and you should allow extra time for your journey.
For the very latest National Rail information click here.
Stay informed with our real-time National Rail incidents feed, providing you with up-to-the-minute updates on disruptions and incidents affecting the UK’s railway network.
This page is dedicated to delivering accurate and timely information to the public, helping you plan your journeys better and stay ahead of any potential delays. Trust us for all your National Rail incident updates, because we understand that knowledge is the key to a smoother and more convenient travel experience.
Please check back for the latest Great Western Railway status updates and disruption travel news.
This page created on: 12-Dec-2023 09:30:59: AM