Updated at: 04-Oct-2023 12:12:07: PM
Operator: Great Western Railway
Great Western Railway between Bristol Temple Meads and Westbury / Exeter St Davids / Taunton / Paignton / Penzance, and also between London Paddington and Weston-super-Mare
Description of Incident
Engineering work is taking place between Bristol Temple Meads and Taunton, closing some lines.
As a result the following amendments will apply:
- The 19:15 Penzance to Bristol Temple Meads service will divert between Taunton and Bristol Temple Meads (via Westbury, not calling). It will not call at Bridgwater, Highbridge & Burnham, Weston-super-Mare and Yatton. A rail replacement bus service will run between Taunton and Bridgewater, Highbridge & Burnham, Weston-super-Mare, Yatton and Bristol Temple Meads.
- The 20:30 London Paddington to Weston-super-Mare service will terminate at Bristol Temple Meads. A rail replacement bus service will run between Bristol Temple Meads and Nailsea & Backwell, Yatton, Worle and Weston-super-Mare.
- The 21:08 Paignton to Bristol Temple Meads service will terminate at Taunton. You should travel by later train services.
- The 22:00 Bristol Temple Meads to Exeter St Davids will depart earlier at 21:58. It will not call at Highbridge & Burnham and Bridgwater. Normal timings departing Taunton and beyond. A rail replacement bus service will run from Weston-super-Mare to Highbridge & Burnham, Bridgwater and Taunton. Rail connections available to Tiverton Parkway and Exeter St Davids.
- The 22:44 Taunton to Bristol Temple Meads service will divert between Taunton and Bristol Temple Meads (via Westbury, not calling). It will not call at stations from Bridgwater to Bedminster. A rail replacement bus service will run between Taunton and Bristol Temple Meads calling at all stations.
- The 23:05 Bristol Temple Meads to Exeter St Davids service will divert between Bristol Temple Meads and Taunton (via Westbury, not calling). It will not call at stations from Bedminster to Bridgwater. A rail replacement bus service will run from Bristol Temple Meads to all stations to Taunton.
- The 23:06 Bristol Temple Meads to Westbury service will depart a few minutes later than normal.
- The 23:48 Bristol Temple Meads to Exeter St Davids service will not run and will be replaced by buses from Bristol Temple Meads to Nailsea & Backwell (stopping for customers to disembark only), Yatton, Worle, Weston-super-Mare, Highbridge & Burnham, Bridgwater, Taunton, Tiverton Parkway and Exeter St Davids. On Tuesday to Friday, a separate train will run at 00:47 from Taunton to Exeter St Davids (calling at Tiverton Parkway).
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
Replacement Bus Travel Advice:
For helpful advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, please use this page.
You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages.
Please be advised that, on occasion, replacement vehicles may be busier than usual, and you should allow extra time for your journey.
For the very latest National Rail information click here.
Stay informed with our real-time National Rail incidents feed, providing you with up-to-the-minute updates on disruptions and incidents affecting the UK’s railway network.
This page is dedicated to delivering accurate and timely information to the public, helping you plan your journeys better and stay ahead of any potential delays. Trust us for all your National Rail incident updates, because we understand that knowledge is the key to a smoother and more convenient travel experience.
Please check back for the latest Great Western Railway status updates and disruption travel news.
This page created on: 21-Sep-2023 08:35:43: AM