Updated at: 12-Dec-2023 08:51:00: AM
Operator: Great Western Railway
Great Western Railway between London Paddington / Reading and Newbury / Bedwyn
Description of Incident
Engineering work is taking place overnight between Reading West and Bedwyn, closing all lines.
Monday to Thursday:
- The 22:08 Newbury to Reading will depart earlier at 21:48 and will NOT call Newbury Racecourse, Midgham and Aldermaston. A rail replacement bus service will run at 22:08 from Newbury to Reading calling all stations.
- The 21:16 Bedwyn to Newbury will extend (non-stop) to Reading.
The following trains will NOT run and will be replaced by road transport:
- The 21:53 and 22:47 Newbury to Bedwyn.
- The 22:10 Reading to Newbury.
- The 22:25 Bedwyn to Newbury.
- The 22:47 Newbury to Reading.
- The 23:17 Bedwyn to Reading.
- The 22:30 London Paddington to Bedwyn will not run. If you are travelling to / from stations to Bedwyn you should travel on the 22:28 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads as far as Reading for connecting road transport Reading-Bedwyn.
Tuesday to Friday:
- The 00:17 Reading to Newbury will not run and will be replaced by a bus between Reading and Newbury (stopping at all stations for customers to disembark only).
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
Replacement Bus Travel Advice:
For helpful advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, please use this page.
You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages.
Please be advised that, on occasion, replacement vehicles may be busier than usual, and you should allow extra time for your journey.
For the very latest National Rail information click here.
Stay informed with our real-time National Rail incidents feed, providing you with up-to-the-minute updates on disruptions and incidents affecting the UK’s railway network.
This page is dedicated to delivering accurate and timely information to the public, helping you plan your journeys better and stay ahead of any potential delays. Trust us for all your National Rail incident updates, because we understand that knowledge is the key to a smoother and more convenient travel experience.
Please check back for the latest Great Western Railway status updates and disruption travel news.
This page created on: 12-Dec-2023 08:50:38: AM